cannabis laws in Washington D.C. allow for the possession, use, and cultivation of marijuana for personal use by adults aged 21 and over. Here are some key points to know about the current cannabis laws in Washington D.C.:
- Adults aged 21 and over can possess and use up to two ounces of marijuana in their home or private property.
- It is legal to grow up to six plants in a private residence, with no more than three mature plants at any given time.
- It is illegal to sell marijuana or marijuana products in Washington D.C., although it is legal to give away up to one ounce of marijuana as long as no money or goods are exchanged.
- It is illegal to consume marijuana in public or in view of the public.
- Driving under the influence of marijuana is illegal and can result in a DUI charge.
- Marijuana is still illegal under federal law, which can create legal and financial complications for individuals and businesses operating in the cannabis industry.
It’s important to note that laws and regulations regarding marijuana can change over time, and individuals should be sure to research the specific laws in Washington D.C. before using, possessing, or distributing marijuana.